Usually when I make smoothies I make them as a dessert, using fruits and not vegetables, but smoothie breakfast bowls looked like too much fun to pass up. I made the smoothie from cooked and chilled broccoli, a handful of blueberries, a banana, hazelnut milk, and stevia. To decorate I used sunflower seeds, dried goji berries, pumpkin seeds, pinenuts, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, black and white sesame seeds, flax seed powder, and flax seed powder mixed with goji berry.
Tag Archives: almond
I was craving something sweet and quick. I toasted some sliced almonds and golden and dark raisins in a little coconut oil, then set them aside and roasted a small piece of cassia and two cardamom pods along with some semolina. When it was toasted, I added in some saffron and hazelnut milk until I got the desired consistency. I sweetened it with agave and stevia, then mixed in the reserved fruit and nut, and added a little tahini. I topped it with dried rose petals.
Homemade granola is nice sprinkled over yoghurt, on top of porridge, or just as a snack.
The granola itself contains just salt, agave syrup, grain flakes, seeds, dried fruits and nuts.
I’ve been looking for a bread recipe that is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and yeast-free to prepare for someone who needs to avoid these ingredients. It should have a nice taste and texture, and not crumble. I think I finally found what I was looking for, once I modified it to rely on baking powder instead of yeast. The taste was pleasant and the structure was good.
I made the following modifications:
- I did not use oregano, garlic, or basil
- I replaced the yeast with an extra .5 teaspoon of baking powder
- I added the optional 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- I used brown rice flour instead of white rice flour
- I mixed the sugar in with the flours instead of adding it to the water
- After mixing the dough, I immediately turned on the oven and baked it as soon as the oven was warm instead of letting it sit for 20 minutes covered, and for 10 minutes after putting them in the pan – neither rising period is necessary without yeast
- I used the oven steaming method