Usually when I make smoothies I make them as a dessert, using fruits and not vegetables, but smoothie breakfast bowls looked like too much fun to pass up. I made the smoothie from cooked and chilled broccoli, a handful of blueberries, a banana, hazelnut milk, and stevia. To decorate I used sunflower seeds, dried goji berries, pumpkin seeds, pinenuts, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, black and white sesame seeds, flax seed powder, and flax seed powder mixed with goji berry.
Tag Archives: flax
I’ve been looking for a bread recipe that is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and yeast-free to prepare for someone who needs to avoid these ingredients. It should have a nice taste and texture, and not crumble. I think I finally found what I was looking for, once I modified it to rely on baking powder instead of yeast. The taste was pleasant and the structure was good.
I made the following modifications:
- I did not use oregano, garlic, or basil
- I replaced the yeast with an extra .5 teaspoon of baking powder
- I added the optional 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- I used brown rice flour instead of white rice flour
- I mixed the sugar in with the flours instead of adding it to the water
- After mixing the dough, I immediately turned on the oven and baked it as soon as the oven was warm instead of letting it sit for 20 minutes covered, and for 10 minutes after putting them in the pan – neither rising period is necessary without yeast
- I used the oven steaming method
To make this porridge I used a mix of millet and oat flakes in water (a nut milk could be used to add protein) and added chia seeds, a touch of turmeric powder, cinnamon, raisins, a pinch of salt, and chopped apple. It is sweetened with stevia and agave, and sprinkled with a mix of goji berries and ground flaxseed. It only takes a couple of minutes to make a breakfast like this, but it’s quite satisfying on a cold, rainy day.
This is a typical breakfast for me.
It consists of Greek yoghurt sweetened with agave and stevia, fruit compote, fresh fruit, cocoa nibs, and ground flax seed. Since this picture was taken in the spring, my seasonal fruits were strawberries and blueberries, and the compote is rhubarb and banana, with a few dates as extra sweetener. When I’m lazy I get sweetened yoghurt with a fruit layer and just add the flax and cocoa nibs.